Monday, July 05, 2004

I Swore I wouldn't...

start up my own blog. But, when did I ever listen to myself?

I've been knitting for 30 years and have yet to keep a journal, paper or otherwise, on my knitting projects. It's all in a special place in my memory...which isn't as sharp as it once was. Hence, this blog...and an actual paper journal that I now keep in my knitting bag. Insert big sigh here.

So, here are some projects on my to do list...

1) An aran vest that my husband is DEMANDING I make for him now and that he wanted yesterday. I'd complain, but he indulges me.

2) An aran sweater for my daughter. I'd like to make this in cotton denim.

3) A faroese style shawl for myself from Stahman's Shawls and Scarves. For this, I think I'll use Shetland Spindrift.

Not bad, but I have a 16 month old daughter that has so much energy I could sell our energy provider the electricity she generates and be set for life!

These "to do" projects won't be started until I finish the poncho I'm currently knitting for my daughter. It's about 3/4 finished. I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how...for now, I'm going to lay my weary head down and read.

No comments: