Friday, July 30, 2004

One Down, Two to Go...

I finished the back of the vest tonight! I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. The pattern called for wool, but I decided on cotton. My measurements are bang on, which is such a relief and a mega boost to my confidence level. I'll post a pic of the finished back tomorrow.

I also finally got my order from amazon.ca for the book 1000 Great Knitting Motifs by Luise Roberts. I only pre-ordered it in March! It is a pretty book. All the graphs are in colour and it is a nice hardcover spiral bound book. The graphs are separated into catagories such as: traditional/fair isle, Scandinavia, Lapland, etc...all the way to modern/alphabet, zodiac, animals, etc...and a section on technique. It's a nice compact size of about 8" x 7.25" and is 287 pages. It's a welcome addition to my library and I'll probably use it here and there...not a necessary addition, though, by any means. I'm still waiting for Shadow Knitting by Vivian Hoxbro, but I've heard it is delayed until Christmas. Anyone out there know for sure?

I've also decided to go ahead and order the Tuffy by Briggs and Little in the Red mix to make my Rogue pullover...yep, I'm still dreaming about it and can't wait to actually start...have to finish the vest first though. I'm one of those knitter's that pushes herself to finish one project at a time. Sad but true!

No comments: