Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, February 06, 2005

You Would Think...

that because my computer and I haven't been on speaking terms for a few days, that I would have knit more than I have. 'Tis a sad fact, though, that when my bitc... [ahem] beast is acting ornery, I become just as ornery right back and become totally consumed with the need to prevail over the mayhem. Hence the lack of blog updates, emails, blah, blah, blah. But, I have regained control! Ha Ha Ha!! I have conquered the beast [exorcism at its finest] and I now have a blog entry today. [crowd stands and cheers]

Now that my delusional self has gotten that off her chest, we'll commence with the knitting content...

Progress on Zigzag [using elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in Victorian Violet] is moving along, but slowly. I've almost achieved the 15 inches needed and will be dividing for the front and back soon.




But, I haven't worked on Zigzag for several days because I got carried away when I decided to start these...




They're called A Step Above socks and the pattern can be found in the Summer 2004 issue of Knitter's.

Want to know a secret?

I hate making these socks. I don't like entrelac and I don't look forward to making the other sock...but, since I do have two feet, I'm going to have to really push myself to get these done. You can be sure that I shall never knit entrelac again.

I've also been slowly finishing up these socks...



It is so unlike me to have more than one project going at a time. I must control myself.

I would like to thank everyone who complimented Mariah. Here are a couple more pics to answer a request for close-ups of the hood and neckline.







The neckline would fit me much better had I made Mariah in a smaller size. So, if you're making Mariah, don't let my pics discourage you if it looks too big to you. Live and learn...even after 30+ years of knitting, I still make goofy mistakes.

Lastly, I used my husbands computer to put in an elann order. [snort] Now, that was a sight to behold...let's just say, I'm glad his chair has wheels.

I ordered 8 balls of Jo Sharp DK wool in the colour Heath for my next project after I've completed Zigzag and, yes, horror of horrors, more sock yarn. What can I say? I'm so weak.




Update on my dog: Her leg is healing nicely and she is off of pain meds! I can walk her again and she's almost like her old self again. I'm so relieved.

Keep On Knitting...

8 comments:

Bess said...

WOW! That's some gorgeous knitting you've done. I am dazzled!

Kimberly said...

Your entrelac socks look really good. I love the way the colors sort of "dance" in the pattern.

I can understand entrelac not being a fun knit. It does, however, look really good on your socks. ;)

Curlie Girl said...

I know what you mean about getting ornery with the computer...hehe...it's almost ended up in the lake a couple of times, but my fear of being without the net kept it on dry land. Glad to here your woes are over!

I love Zigzag...i just received some of the same wool, and I may have to copy you, it's a fabulous looking sweater!

And I recognize that sock yarn, how can a girl resist???

So glad to hear that your puupy dog is back to her normal self!

Samantha said...

Wow! Those socks are gorgeous! Thanks for the comment on my blog. :)

Lauren said...

I LOVE the way that ZigZag is working up. It is a lovely sweater, and I can't wait to see more :) Your Elann order looks great--gotta love all of that sock yarn goodness!

Marlene said...

Aargh! Michelle, you are contributing to my overly long "must do next" list! Your "Zigzag" is so gorgeous. Tempting, so tempting.

haze said...

what sized did you make mariah? I have concerns about what size to make. I'm still on the sleeves. I'm a size 38D, so I've got boobage issues, but don't want to be swimmming in it.

Michelle said...

Hi Haze,

The first Mariah I knit was in the X-Large size [44"] and it was way too big. I'm a 36C. I've now ripped out that Mariah and I'm making the medium [40"].