I'm very happy with the reknit and I'm glad I'm nuts enough to frog a completed project to reknit the exact same frogged project.
The only problem that I have right now is how I sewed the zipper in a little wonky. I'll redo that on the weekend...and I'll be wearing my glasses this time. I've been in a ten year denial about needing to wear glasses, except for reading. Obviously, this is not the case anymore...or, ahem, ever was. [g]
As you can see, even though I've made Mariah two sizes smaller than the original, it is still roomy.
Pattern: Mariah - Winter 2004 Knitty
Designer: Jodi Green [thank you Jodi for being a great designer and quickly answering my questions. You rock!]
Yarn: Philosopher's wool 2-ply
Mods: I added pockets. I'll try and write something up if anyone is interested, but you are being warned that I have a toddler and my brain is full of "Patty Cake" and "No!" so it'll take a little time. I've also discovered the disturbing fact that I'm not very adept at pattern writing itself, but I'll do my best.
I eliminated the square neckline. When I was at this point in the pattern, I decided to continue decreasing through the yoke until I achieved the number of stitches I needed for the hood. Worked out well and I have no tugging at the neckline at all.
I also eliminated the hood shaping. This is because I became too cocky and by the time I noticed I missed something, it was too late and frankly, I wasn't in the mood to frog anymore. I also decided to graft the hood closed instead of seaming.
Um, I think that's about it.
Now I can finally wear it.
I have also started on the final sleeve for Zigzag and I'm hoping to have this project completed sometime next week.
Keep On Knitting...
Happy Victoria Day
4 hours ago