Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Lady Luck, Interuptions & Anticipation...

Courtesy of the wonderful Minnie of Muses of a Dragon Mad Knitter, I won my first ever contest and added a lovely skein of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille to my stash. I just knew that one day the definition of the word 'drollery' would come in handy. Thank you, Minnie!



It seems as though the last week has been the bearer of interruptions.

My Internet service was off, then on, then off again since Sunday. No big deal really, except why does it always happen when I have the little one in bed?

Which brings me to my other wee little interruption. My daughter [whom I love very much] has been suffering from a severe case of diarrhea of the verbal kind. I have been tempted on more than one occasion to run screaming from the house to the nearest asylum. Instead, I grimace grin and wait for the .05 seconds she needs to take a breath after saying "wha's that?" 40 times consecutively, to give her the answer to her curious inquiry. Needless to say, my current projects have been mindless knitting and what is more mindless to knit than...




THE SOCK



Yes folks, I am determined to bore you with another sock. I will not apologize. I need this sock. It is my therapy. In case you are wondering though, this is the Mermaid sock from Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby.

Even though my knitting is mindless, that doesn't mean that I am. [cough] I am anticipating the coming of autumn, my favorite season, so I can start on some of the great projects I have lined up.

Let's see, there's Eris, which I want to make in both the cardigan and pullover. I'll probably make the cardigan first using the Peruvian Highland wool in violet heather from elann I have in my stash. As for the pullover, I have no idea as of yet.

I also hope to score some Briggs & Little Heritage at the Waterloo Knitter's fair to make my husband Inishmore [from A.S. Fisherman's Sweaters for Christmas. Here is a wonderful example of the sweater by Wendy Johnson. Shhh, it's a surprise.

I'm also still eager to make the silk corset pullover. I have taken into consideration the wise words of Maureen, Marlene, Zelli and Minnie about making the sleeves. I'll just opt for the cap sleeves. I have been searching for something that is more afforable to use than 100% silk and I'm pretty certain that I'll try the 100% Bamboo. It's supposed to mimic silk, so it seems like the perfect substitute.

I cannot end my post without the mention of a large Knitpicks order I just placed last Friday. I finally made up my mind and settled on Shimmer in Flower Garden to make the Feather and Fan shawl from A Gathering of Lace.

But, why stop there?

Since I also want to make the Shetland Tea Shawl from the same said book, I ordered some more Alpaca Cloud in Mist. I really liked working with the Alpaca Cloud while making my Seascape Shawl and at the time, I had a hard time choosing between the Iris [which is what I used for the Seascape Shawl] and the Mist. So, since the opportunity presented itself, I took it.

Can't stop there though...

I also ordered some of the new Palette in Mist to make the Faroese Flower Shawl by Lucy Neatby.

Wait, not done yet...

I also decided to order some of the new lace weight yarn Shadow in Grape Jelly and Jewels in combination with a skein of Paint Your Own to make some Sanquhar gloves. Should be interesting to see how I do knitting with 1.50mm needles and lace weight yarn.

Whew! I think that's it. Thanks for reading. It's nice to be able to do the talking for a change.

Keep On Knitting...

6 comments:

dragon knitter said...

was that one run on sentence? i'm glad you like the chenille, i know what i bought it for, but i figured out i'd never make it, so i decided to pass it on. now, for all the other yarn in the house . . . .

Marlene said...

Lucky YOU! I'm in a strike induced yarn famine here. (Husband has been on strike for 6 weeks and there is no end in sight).

I've got the yarn for one or two pairs of socks, two shawls and a sweater. After that I'll be digging into odd balls of leftover acrylics just to keep my hands busy. I figure I MAY last to December......if I stop all multi-tasking knitting immediately. That means no knitting in front of the TV or while riding in the car.

Samantha said...

Wow! That's a lot of fun stuff! Look at all that awesome yarn you're getting! Colour me GREEN with envy!! :)

My kids have verbal diahreah (sp??) too. My 2 year old has just started REALLY talking, and my 3.5 year old never shuts up. He even talks in his sleep. *lol* Sometimes I wish I had ear plugs. It's really sweet, though, when they start conversing with each other. Very cute. That only happens when they're not fighting though. *lmao*

Maureen said...

And I thought I had a long list of projects...lol. I am glad ti hear you like the Knitpick yarns. I have wanted to order some.

Anonymous said...

Wow! and I thought I had a lot of things in the pipeline!

Life's a Stitch said...

Great sock! I need ones that are ribbed all the way up because they always end up stretching out and falling down. I must buy that pattern.
Li