Saturday, September 17, 2005

Gotta Love It

I love starting a new project as much as anyone, but what I love most is when I'm knitting a project and I'm enjoying it from beginning to end. Kinda like a book that stays with you for a long time after reading and no other book has been able to compare with it. This is Eris. From the beautiful cabled collar and the original construction this pattern takes you on a journey of intense concentration to an easy and steady pace of knitting that is never boring.

I have just finished the cabled raglan increases, divided for sleeves and body and will soon be starting on the waist shaping. I just may have this sweater complete in another week or so.



My other project is just as enjoyable. The Feather and Fan shawl is growing and the colour isn't bothering me as much as it did when I first started. I am getting a striping effect, but I think once it's blocked it should look fine. Since I also want to make the Shetland Tea Shawl, which is also circular, I wanted them to look radically different from one another, hence the decision to make this one in a variegated.



Have a good one and Keep On Knitting...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so beautiful, as always!

dragon knitter said...

wow, two posts close together! i feel honored! and i love both of them. i'm honestly thinking of buying eris, but since i haven't finished rogue yet, i'm delaying that gratification, lol. good work! i think i like eris the best

Dandy said...

they're both lovely!!

Samantha said...

Both projects look great! I love the sweater, especially.