Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Just, Wow

From this...



to this...



to this...



to this...



to the final product.



From fluff to fabric, wee mittens for my daughter at her request. I am flattered.

I hope you'll all bear with me as I go through my newbie spinning madness. I love it, but I also don't want my blog to turn into a spinning blog. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a balance of my morphed hobby and blend everything together nicely.

Now I'm going to knit that Telemark sleeve. Promise. I'm also getting the itch to knit cables...hmmm, perhaps another Star*ore? A Lopi? Decisions, decisions...

Got this from Minnie. "Apparently, this person is trying to track a meme. Shall we knit bloggers blow their doors off? Go here, read the instructions, then ping here. Let's rock the web!"

Keep On Knitting...

9 comments:

Joan said...

I'm impressed. I wouldn't call you a newbie judging by those gorgeous mittens!

Marlene said...

I betcha there is a lovely scarf in those skeins too.

Don't worry about posting a lot of spinning on your blog. Many knitters are also fans of spinning, if not spinners themselves. Be who you are, a mulit-talented person. Don't worry about your readers flocking away by the droves. It won't happen.

Wannietta said...

The yarn & the mittens are wonderful! This is what I'm afraid of though - learning to spin & loving it. It would knit into my knitting time!

Kimberly said...

Looks great! I love seeing the fiber-to-finished piece photos!

Curlie Girl said...

Holy cow girl...or should I say holy sheep! Beautiful, beautiful and so impressive!

marti said...

very pretty!

Kat with a K said...

Cute! Great job!

Shannon said...

WOW
Everytime I come here lately I'm impressed. Great job, what a prgression. I love it. SO Much satisfcation in the whole process. Good for you. Worried about spinning content? good god arent we are fiber-holics? its all good stuff. Do your thing.

Kristi said...

Wow, now that's some fast learning. It all looks so lovely!