After several months, it's done.
Yeah, there's always a but, right?
I don't have pics of the completed cardi yet, as I just finished weaving in ends and sewing on buttons this evening and she's soaking as I type. Hopefully she'll be dry by Saturday, when I'll take finished pics. I'm just so excited to finally be done with it and really pleased with the outcome.
In the meantime, here are some progress pics to tide you over until then.
Here, I've measured and placed stitch markers for buttonhole placement.
This is easily done. I just measure in an inch from the top and bottom, then measure the space between that and divide evenly...or, as evenly as I can. Turned out that I needed eight buttons.
Here, I've started cutting the steek. Went beautifully. I'm becoming a pro at this...nary a shake, but I must admit that I didn't blink for the length of time needed to cut.
After the cut, I spread her wide open...mainly to make sure I didn't cut through the backside, too!
The rest is knitting and finishing history.
Happy Victoria Day
4 hours ago