Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thanks for the Memories...

Have you heard? There's a royal wedding in the works and the nuptials will be taking place in approximately;



Well, will wonders never cease! There is even a widget to countdown the days, hours, minutes and seconds to the big day.

There will be no short supply of commemorative memorabilia to make you want to whip out your wallet and splurge on that "limited time offer." Be it Royal Doulton figurines and tea cups, books, magazines, dolls, pillows, postcards, notebooks, clocks, bedding, t-shirts,(insert big breath here), watches, reproduction engagement rings, and the pièce de résistance the mighty salt and pepper shakers! Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't selling commemorative boxes of Honeymoon William & Kate condoms.

I was feeling kinda bitter. Nothing for knitters? Seriously? Come on, now! People can shake salt out of Wills' noggin for decades to come and I as a knitter get nothing?

But wait! What's that over there? A Book? A Knitting pattern book? Yup, you can now...

Knit Your Own Royal Wedding by Fiona Goble


I was sent this review copy expecting, well, I'll leave that up to your imagination, eh. I gotta admit, though, that I was pleasantly surprised.

The book takes into account new(ish) knitters and gives you a detailed explanation of techniques used through the first few pages. The patterns are well written, with a little blurb about each person you are knitting and the materials you will need for each. There are clear, large photos of all the royals and come on, who can resist the wee Corgi's! Seriously, I want to make a dozen Corgi's...no Queen though. I'm gonna be Queen over my knitted Corgi's! ;)


Last but not least, there is an insert/cutout to make your own balcony so your own knitted William and Kate can relive their waving and smooching, over and over again!


Now, I never considered myself a royalist, nor a collector of memorabilia, but DANG! maybe just a small part of me is after all! Well done!

Knit On!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I love those corgis! The rest of them I can do without but I want a knitted corgi so bad.