Thursday, January 26, 2012

Something is Better Than...

nothing.

I'm knitting in fits and starts. It's really weird. I have the urge, but don't pick up my project to work on. It's mainly because of being constantly interupted, I think. My attention hasn't been able to totally devote itself to any specific project for any length of time, so I don't bother. Kinda feel like a sacrificial lamb, some days.

Regardlessly, God works in strange and mysterious ways and has found interesting alternatives to keep reminding me of what it is I love to do to relieve my life stresses. I am teaching twin girls how to knit, which has been a true pleasure. They are very good students. I've also been approached to give a review of a craft product, which I hope to get to soon. Perhaps a video review? Whaddya think of that? Let me know!

Now, about my current project. I know in my previous post I said I was itching to knit the Relaxed Coat by Mari Lynn Patrick (Ravelry link)...but, I am a woman of limited mental capacity (A.K.A. perimenopause) and I decided to start something different. :P Short attention span, indeed, eh? Besides, it's another Mari Lynn Patrick pattern. I seem to really like her oversized knits. They please me very much. So, I started the Textured Cardigan (Ravelry link) from the Fall 2011 issue of Knit Simple Magazine.

BACK


Yes, I'm in bobble hell! Purling five together repeatedly every few rows keeps in line with eating one too many cookies. You're fine as you're doing it, but regret it the next day...instead of gaining a bazzilion pounds, though, I have a very sore finger. I've lost my knitting callus. Very sad, really.

This is being knit using KnitPicks Comfy worsted in silver sage. I love Comfy. I really, really, really do! It's so soft and even though it's a cotton blend, very easy to knit.

Alrighty, I'm signing off. Have a good one. Until next time...

Knit On!

No comments: