Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Kony 2012

I will repost this here once a month for the remainder of 2012 so we don't forget.



P.S. I just want to say that I've been reading around the web how this video won't help, it's a fundraising attempt by Invisible Children to make another documentary, to how the campaign reflects neither the realities of northern Ugandan nor the attitudes of its people, etc...but, when I watch this video, I see children. I see children living in fear in a certain area of the world that happens to be in an area of Uganda. I see myself as having been completely ignorant of this before watching this video. I had no idea who Joseph Kony was. Maybe I'm just a middle aged naive white woman who needs to remain under her rock, but I personally cannot live my life with suspicion, pessimism or ignorance. That is all. :)

No comments: