Wednesday, September 25, 2024

It's Too Cruel...

 2024 has been beyond heartbreaking. I'm in so much emotional agony. 

On March 23, 2024, I had a knock at my door. It was the police to notify me that my forty-two year old son had passed away. It was a shock. I had just talked with him. It couldn't be possible. It was quick. A heart attack. He was hospitalized in 2020 at the beginning of Covid. He was in an induced coma to allow his lungs heal from the virus. I could not visit because of Covid. He survived, but new conditions plagued his health. He was a hard worker. A funny, very sensitive and caring man. A joy to raise. My greatest champion of my knitting and spinning.  How I miss him liking my posts of another finished object. My love for him cannot be put into words. His loss has brought a huge void into my life. I miss talking to him everyday. I miss seeing his handsome face. I miss him. My heart aches for him.

Now, exactly six months later, on September 24, 2024 at 7:30am after a brief illness, my husband died in my arms in the ICU. Eight days after we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary in the hospital. We were together everyday for 23 years. This man was our protector. Our rock. A hard worker. He brought the calm to our world. To think this good man picked me. Chose me to love forever. Wooed me with coffee. My other champion of my knitting and spinning. I am honoured. Now I am shattered. My world is empty. Now it is just my daughter and myself. It's too cruel. I don't know how to go on without him. Make me smile. Dance with me in the kitchen. Hold me close. Comfort me. Rub my feet. Call me his Love Blossom.  It's all over in the blink of an eye. 

My devotion and love will never die. I will continue to honour you. Love you. Cherish you. Until my last breath, my love. My heart. 

 




No comments: