Friday, January 07, 2005

Ta Da...

I apologise for the lack of updates on my blog, but my dog injured herself and, well, besides chasing a toddler all day, I had to try and keep my dog from jumping up on anything...since she's a Jack Russell, that's like telling the sun not to rise every morning.

I see that some have been impatient...well, one of you has anyway. [g] Minnie (A.K.A. Dragonmom) from KR, your wish is my command, albeit a couple days later than you would have liked. Thanks for the chuckle and I hope the snow didn't hit too hard.

As to guessing what my latest project on the needles is, only one guessed correctly. It is indeed Mariah from the winter 04' Knitty. Good eye, Mona!

I just managed to finish the sleeves this afternoon, since hubby is home and I have the extra help.



I decided to make this sweater in the 44" size so that I could wear it more like a jacket. I hope my idea works. The only thing I'm concerned with at the moment are that the sleeves are a little too long. It's really hard to judge what the length truly will be until the sweater is put together. So this is a wait and see situation. Other than that, I'm really pleased with how it looks.

Now I'm off to cast on for the back.

Happy Knitting...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mariah looks awesome! Happy knitting...

marykat said...

Wow, that looks beautiful! I love that pattern, and the color is very pretty.
Kerry

Anonymous said...

gee, i didn't realize i was being impatient, lol! it is gorgeous. love that color too. see, i must be good for something, lol (demanding or not, and yes, we got 14 inches of snow)
Minnie

Mona Schmidt said...

Watching the sleeves of your Mariah grow makes me want to knit a cabled sweater, too! Have to finish my cabled socks first, though.

Hope your dog is doing okay, take care!