Saturday, August 23, 2008

Getting Back On Track

Even though I was playing nursemaid for ten days doing this to my husband...


Two injections and the flushing of his pheresis catheter should only take approximately five minutes of anyone's time, but...


my patient's chair was usually empty for up to an hour. I can understand the reluctance, but I was also tired of hollering, "let's fracking get this done, already!" Not to worry though. My husband has been hollering back and it makes me smile every time!

Now that those ten days are behind us and with his stem cells harvested, he will be going in on the twenty-eighth of this month for his high dose chemo and transplant. We're very optimistic and chuffed!

In the meantime, I've been busy trying to clear up languishing projects.

I finished not just one pair...

Socks for "G"


Pattern: Basic sock pattern customized for G's feet.

Yarn: Paton's Kroy Krazy Stripes #54801

Needles: 2.25mm

not just two pair...



Socks for "S" wrapped up all purty-like.


Pattern: Basic sock pattern customized for Sandy's feet.

Yarn: Regia #5271 - San Diego

Needles: 2.25mm

but three pair of socks!


These I've dubbed "Little Big Man" socks for my son.

Pattern: Basic sock pattern for son

Yarn: Austermann Step in colour #15/Navy

Needles: 2.25mm

I only have four projects left to be completed and they're all at 50% complete or more, except for my Must Have Slightly Upsized Cardigan.

Since I have been doing so well finishing up projects, I allowed myself to cast on a new small project.

These are the Norwegian Snail Mittens found in The Knitter's Book of Yarn.




These are going to be for my daughter, who just loves snails.

I'm using KnitPicks Palette in Garnet Heather, Golden Heather and Marine Heather.

I have a couple more mitten projects planned, along with a couple of lace projects that I hope to have done for Christmas gifts. We shall see.

Have a good one!

Knit On!

No comments: