Friday, September 17, 2004

Where, Oh Where...

is my Koigu! I ordered it on Monday and was hoping it would come today at the latest...obviously, I was mistaken. This place isn't very far from me either, so I'm a little miffed. I was really anxious to start the Charlotte's Web shawl this weekend.

To top it off, I broke my number one rule of always buying an extra skein... you know, that just in case I run out and I'm so happy I think ahead skein. Well, of course because I didn't buy that extra skein, I can't finish the bolero I'm making my daughter...what sucks even more is that I've run out with only 1/4 of the last sleeve to go. I'm just hoping my LYS still has a skein in this dye lot left in stock, or I can at least match it closely with another dye lot.

In the meantime, I don't want to start a fresh project...but, I do think I have socks in progress in my traveling bag...but, I have to wait till hubby comes home from work because it's in the car. [sigh] Just one of those weeks, I guess.

Thanks to all who complimented my Rogue. As to whether it is difficult or not, I can't answer as I didn't find the pattern difficult at all, but someone who is just a beginning knitter would have some difficulty with it. All I can say is, if you want to try your hand at knitting a Rogue, go for it. Just take it one step at a time. The pattern is explicit in its directions, so there is no misinterpreting. The techniques used are intermediate-advanced, but I was once a beginning knitter also and I never let that stop me. [g]

No comments: