Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Uncertain...

Yet another crisis has hit upon our lives. I don't want to go into it too much, but I'll say that it's my husband that's having a health crisis. It's not minor, yet it's not major. After a week in the hospital and many tests, there is still uncertainty. It has been a roller-coaster of emotions, but we're optimistic for the future.

For all those anxious to see pics of my Kauni Cardi, here they are.

Buttoned


Unbuttoned


Boy, I hope spring comes soon so I can say goodbye to some of this winter fat!




I've been wearing it everyday since Saturday and usually unbuttoned. I'm really enjoying this cardi.

Oh, I forgot! I have started another project. I'm prepping for the La Digitessa socks, so felt it would be best to knit The Firestarter socks by Yarnissima to get a feel for her pattern charting and knitting toe up. It's a free pattern offered by The Loopy Ewe. Still not my favorite way to makes socks, but it isn't awful, either.



I'm using Wollmeise for the first time in Campari Orange.

Knit On!

9 comments:

dragon knitter said...

good luck to you guys. it seems to be going around!

Dreams of Yarn said...

I'm sorry for your continued difficulties, you've really had a bad run of things. I'm hoping that this health crisis will be treated successfully and you guys will make it through stronger. (sending nothin' but good vibes your way)

As for the cardigan, Holy Mamma its good looking. Excellent accomplishment.

Unknown said...

The Kauni certainly has the look of spring to it - hopefully it will be the harbinger!

Sorry to hear that the bad new continues - you're in my thoughts (the good ones)!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about hubby...you're both in my thoughts and I'm sending warm, fuzzy healthy wishes to you both.

As for the cardi, breathtaking, as always.

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear your husband is not well. You're being awfully brave about it. I think I would rate anyting that put my husband in the hospital for more than overnight as serious.

Your Kauni looks fabulous. I had a chance to see that yarn up close during Fibrefest here. I would have come home with some if I had known the yardage requirements for something as beautiful as your sweater.

KnittingJenny said...

What great happy cardi colours! That garment is enough to cheer up anyone! I love it!

Jeri said...

best wishes for your hubby's health, I have been there with my husband's illness too. ((hugs))

your cardi is breathtaking! I am a sucker for rainbows. It is such a happy garment!

Gloria Patre said...

I've been enjoying your adventure with this cardi so much that I've finally found the courage to make one myself - steek & all! Of course I have to finish spinning the yarn first...
I compliment you - you made it look SO easy! The colors are absolutely smashing too! Kudos! Well done!

Sunflowerfairy said...

Thinking of you.

Hope everyone is well.