Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lots to Show...

just not much to say. I don't know why I don't have much to say. I actually have knitting projects to talk about. I have a spinning project in the works. The excitement is there. I want to share them. I just can't seem to find the words...but I'll try today.

First up is the fourth kit from the Rockin' Sock Club. I've been really enjoying the club. Yes, there are patterns and colours that aren't what I would normally knit for myself, but I am very open and have enjoyed all of them. I'm not as fickle as I once assumed I was.








Pattern: In Season

Designer: Melissa Morgan-Oakes

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in the Garden Daze colour

Needles: 2mm and 2.25mm circs.

Size: Medium

And wonder of wonders, I finished my Handspun Morning Surf Scarf! It's gorgeous and I'm glad I finished it, but I'm certainly not a knitter of scarves. They bore me dreadfully.




Pattern: Morning Surf Scarf

Designer: Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer

Yarn: 392.0 yards (358.4m) handspun 3-ply fingering weight superwash 50%Merino/50%Tencel

Fibre: 4 oz. 50%Merino/50%Tencel in the Autumn Sunset colourway. Purchased from Susan's Spinning Bunny.

Needles: 3.25mm

Mods: I knit this over 36 stitches as opposed to the patterns 76 stitches which I felt would be too wide.

The final project I'm going to share with you today is something I've wanted to try for a long time, but never got around to. It's a double knit hat. I decided to embellished the bird with a few beads for the beak and eye. This will be for my daughter.






Pattern: Double Knit Bird on a Wire Hat from Vogue Knitting Fall 2009

Designer: Elli Stubenrauch

Yarn: KnitPicks Palette in black and petal

Needles: 2.00mm

Finally, yesterday was the Waterloo Knitters Fair. It was jam packed, as always. What astounded me was that I thought I was being smart to get there early. It begins at 9:30 am and we arrived at 9:45. Wrong! The parking lot was already full to bursting.



Starting from the top left of the pic:

- Double Knitting by M'Lou Baber (incredible projects and photographs)

- Double Knitting Delight DVD by Lucy Neatby (looks like I have a small interest in learning more about this technique, eh?)

- Fiddlehead Mitten Kit from Tanis Fiber Arts (Etsy shop) (for me because when I tried on the sample I couldn't believe how incredible they felt)

- A new brand of Regia called Regia Flusi Das Socken Monster. It's geared more toward socks for children because of the colour choices and shorter colour repetitions. (to make socks for my daughter)

- Ella Rae Merino Lace (I fell in love with these colours and feel a cowl or shawlette being cast on with it)

- Lastly, some Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock in Flames (for my husband...don't want to have him feel left out, or anything) ;) Glenna, glad to see you didn't buy too many blues/teals. ;) ;)

Knit On!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice haul, Michelle! And you have reminded me I did not do a very good job of looking for books or patterns. Oh well, good thing there's a next time!

Marlene said...

We spent the evening babysitting our granddaughters. I spent the whole time singing every little kid song I could think of with the 2 1/2 year old. I was actually humming the Hokey Pokey sock as I surfed the internet and came across your post with the Hokey Pokey sign. Is it a sticker?

Great projects you're working on there.