Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Okay, Okay...

I guess I'm guilty of it, too. Marlene kindly pointed out to me that I'm an enabler also...and here I thought I was just blindly following everyone else. Who'd have thunk it? [g] I'm just thinking how great the community of knitter's are, to share ideas, patterns, trials and tribulations, etc...we're a very thoughful bunch and I'll thank everyone now, for your, ahem, enabling.

Thanks also to Maureen of Irishknits, for directing me to pics on what it looks like on the inside of a thrum mitten, courtesy of Yarn Harlot. I've never made a pair of thrum mittens before, but they are on my list and I was very curious as to what it would look like on the inside.

I'm still waiting on my Koigu to finish up Charlotte, so there isn't any news on this project.

I am making nice progress on the Field of Flowers shawl, though. Twenty more rounds (approx. 512 sts. per round, so far) and I'll be starting on the edging.
Because of the shawl being bunched up on the circular needle, I can't even really tell what the heck it looks like, so I'm anxious to get this done. From what I can tell, it's going to be pretty. You'll just have to trust me on this. [wink, wink]

There also seems to be several Knitting/Diana Gabaldon fans out there. I've been asked my view of The Fiery Cross, but as I'm only on page 57, it isn't viable.

I will recommend a book, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It is a very melancholy story, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and it should help pass the time while waiting for Gabaldon's next Jamie/Claire story.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I KNEW I liked you for a reason. I've read the Time Traveler's Wife and just loved it (as did my daughter). I've also read the Diana Gabaldon books and am waiting (im)patiently for the next volume. The Lord John Grey book wasn't nearly as good as the Jamie & Claire stories.

Amie said...

I agree with Carol! I also loved the Time Traveler's Wife - in fact, now that you bring it up, I think I'll read it again! And I'm a tremendous fan of Jamie and Claire (my husband actually quoted their vows as his wedding vows to me in our ceremony!) and can't wait for the next book to come out! The Lord John books weren't nearly as good...

Maureen said...

Michelle,
Thanks for the recommendation, the book has been on my reading list. I will have to pick it up. If you are interested and want to drop me your address. I would love to share some of my roving. I will send you enough for a pair of mittens. That way you can see if you like it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Here's the link to the scarf on my blog: http://members.shaw.ca/siviaharding/leaf.html

I think my Knit Out experience was a fluke. It was just at the right time for chaos. Oh well - you know, a really sweet person over at KR PM'd me and offered to send the dupes she got of patterns and magazines? Isn't that increadible? That's just so nice of her. Oh my.

I started the scarf and I think it's turning out nicely. I'm really happy about it. The link comes from another KR friend.

Enjoy!

Oh and by the way - you're totally right ... our knitting community is full of enablers!

Kristin

Marlene said...

My grandmother and my mother have both knit a LOT in their time, but I can't help thinking that they would have spent even MORE time knitting and improving upon their already vast skills if they had the opportunity that we have to network with such a vast community of knitters.....enablers all!

marykat said...

It seems we really do have similar reading taste...I love the Gabaldon books and also The time Traveler's Wife. If you have any other ideas of good ones, let us know!
Kerry