Thursday, December 06, 2007

On the Backburner

Do you realize, that sometimes, just sometimes, all it takes for you to get motivated to knit is your love for someone close to you?

You will sacrifice all of your other projects for one that will guarantee you to become a bored-out-of-your-mind, blind-as-a-bat, pulling-your-hair-out-of-your-head, snot-sobbing, sleep-deprived, no-feeling-in-your-arse, bumbling lunatic of a knitter...to a certain degree. You may or may not experience one or all of the above in your knitting life-time.

Sometimes knitting should come with a warning label; Warning: Purchase of this product may cause mild to serious side-effects. If you experience sleeplessness, blurry vision, bed-sores on your bum, bald patches on your head due to excessive stress, or fall into a catatonic stupor, it is highly recommended you see your nearest knitting professional at 1-800-Tim-Hortons.

So, I've set aside my Kauni cardigan. A project that screams colour. A project that I desperately want done. A project that looks like a jigsaw puzzle...

My creation

that only needs a few more pieces before it's complete.

For this project for my boy.

Seaman's Scarf Progress

A seaman's scarf.

In black.

Not a tweedy black.

Not a marled black.

Just black.

After I finish this, my boy also wants a pair of Cigar gloves from Knitty.

Can you guess in what colour?

Yep, all black.

I'll do it. It will be ready and waiting for him in his Christmas stocking because I love him that much.

I'll survive...afterall, I live within walking distance of six Tim Hortons.

Keep On Knitting...

5 comments:

dragon knitter said...

you have my deepest sympathies. how are your eyes holding up?

Dreams of Yarn said...

I'm with ya, I really am. I've got a couple of those ' Only because I really love you' projects on the go right now... and nothing for me :( Soon you will have Kauni, soon.

Unknown said...

I made Kyle a pair of socks once - grey. Just grey in a 2x2 rib because he didn't want any patterning. I think that this alone has proven the depth of my love for the boy and no further such sacrifices will be required.

Kimberly said...

What a kind thing to do. It makes it so worth-while, though, when a knitted gift is appreciated.

Very nice puzzle graphic of your sweater!

Samantha said...

I really like that scarf. And the gloves. Basic black is always nice. Goes with everything. What about a toque for your boy? His neck and hands will be warm, but not his head? LOL

Happy Knitting!