Friday, August 10, 2018

Startitis

Just look at my project progress bars in my sidebar. 

Pitiful.

I want to knit all the things.

I just can't finish all the things. 

I mostly get to the 50% completed stage. Then I'm like a duck attracted to all the shiny and cast on another. I suppose I need to live up to my name, but at what point do I go from always casting on to I can't wait to wear my hand-knitted (insert knitted article of choice here), today! 

The project I'm currently really enamoured with is the Game of Tones shawl by Stitchnerd Designs. I will admit, (I am a reluctant Game of Thrones fan -- I just don't like to jump on the bandwagon) that it was the name of the shawl that caught my attention as opposed to the actual design. I always like to have several snuggly shawls about the house to throw on when the chill sets in -- they're just so cosy -- and hence proceeded to shamelessly chuck my other wip's to the side.

The planning commenced. I thoroughly enjoy the planning process. I scored some discontinued Knit Picks Chroma Twist in Groovy and paired it with Knit Picks Bare Stroll Glimmer, both in fingering weight. I got everything prepared so I could work on it during a three hour car ride to a wedding. It's a simple knit with a fabulous effect. The glimmer is wonderful and makes the shawl twinkle in the light. I love it. 


I love it and yet it's now sitting on my table waiting for me to pick it up to finish. 😞

Granted, it has be hotter than Hades. Anyone else have this problem? Am I just weird? 

Don't answer that.

I've also been sewing. I want to make it clear right off the start that I hate sewing, though I do appreciate the fact that I was able to learn the basics in home-ec class in school. 

I have a very old sewing machine. Made in Poland. Heavy -- as in hernia inducing heavy. I bought it when I was fourteen years old...just because. It has followed this haterofsewingthings throughout all these years. I'm fifty-mumble-mumble. BUT! I loved all these project bags I've been seeing some wonderful knitter's using. Cute drawstring bags with delightful patterned fabrics. So, I bought some fabric, looked up some tutorials then dusted off and oiled good ole' Matilda. (My maternal great-grandmother's name) and because there are just some things you will never forget how to do, this happened...


Three Small Sock Sacks.


A medium Lil Knot Bag

They are really stinking cute!

and lastly, my version of a Field Bag. I'm quite proud of this one. My first time using french seams!

We also have a new tyrannical kitty, named Echo. 


My beautiful Miku passed suddenly a year ago from saddle thrombus.

Hmmmm, almost four years to the day that I last blogged. Maybe I should change my blog name to The Leap Year blogger. lol

Stay strong. Knit on.

No comments: