Friday, June 08, 2007

Knitting Interrupted

Culprit?

My Dopey Cat 2

Day One: Culprit enters masters bedroom and proceeds to nonchalantly jump onto masters bed where culprit then proceeds to stand on master and starts to massage masters head using his very sharp claws. Master opens one eye to witness culprit's wicked gleam in his eye. He wants food. I get up and I feed him. He wants to be let outside. I let him outside. Typical morning in my household.

My cat doesn't normally spend much time outside and when he is out and about, he's pretty good at staying close to home. His usual haunts are the garden, climbing our tree, our front porch, the neighbours roof 40 feet off the ground. *Shrug* I'm use to having a cat that enjoys the high life. Maybe I should knit him a cape, or perhaps a parachute?

The day rolls on by with me doing only God knows what. Oh yeah, I excepted a quick job, so I was working until 3:30 in the morning.

It finally dawns on me that I haven't seen my cat for a while.

Look, I was busy that day! I swear!

So, here I am at 3:30 in the morning...looking absolutely stunning, I might add, hoarsely hollering for my cat.

No cat.

I grab his container of dry food and shake.

No cat.

I shake the container again.

No cat.

So I sit and I finish knitting G's socks.

Socks for a Friend

Pattern: Basic 72 stitch sock with eye of partridge heel.

Yarn: Regia Jacquard color #5272

Needles: 2.25mm

No cat.

I go to bed.

Day Two: I finish spinning and plying my lovely wool silk Fleece Artist Sliver. 420 yards from a 50 gram sliver. Guess what?

Fleece Artist Silk Wool Blend


Fleece Artist Silk Wool Blend

No cat.

I skeined, set the twist, let dry and wound the navy superwash merino into a center pull ball.

Superwash Merino



Superwash Merino

No cat.

I did some therapeutic online shopping.

Lady B Mosaic

I couldn't resist any longer, Shannon. It's beautiful.

No cat.

Husband asks continuously, "Have you seen the cat?"

I just shake my head. We thought he was a goner. Daughter asks if we can get a new cat. We both look at her as if she grew another head.

The night rolls into another new day. I get up, minus the massage, the claws and the meowing. I go into my kitchen and start the coffee without the morning shake of cat kibble. I let the dog out and that's when it happened. The clouds parted and I heard angels singing...okay, okay...it was really Fred Penner, but who cares!

The cat came back, the very next day. The cat came back, we thought he was a goner, but the cat came back...he just couldn't stay awaaaaaaaay.

I was so relieved. I hugged him. I kissed him. I gently scolded him. I fed him.

And because I've been a mother for such a very long time.

I grounded him.

Have a good one folks.

Keep On Knitting...

11 comments:

Guernseygal said...

giggle grounded the cat :-)
Mine left home to live with a neighbour about 6 years ago and pops back occasionally just to proove he is still alive.

amy said...

I'm glad the cat came back.

Marlene said...

Your superwash merino looks very, very familiar. Hee, hee.

Kathy said...

Hi Michelle, I just wanted to see what you will be up to at the OHS tomorrow, I managed to get booked in, and will be taking the cotton class, I know you have never seen a picture of me, so I will look out for you.

Kathy

dragon knitter said...

i don't usually let my cats out. joplin is so skittish, that if she DID get out, we'd probably never catch her again, and at her age & weight (not to mention she doesn't have front claws) she wouldn't last long.

jimi is always trying to get out (we call him catdini), but he never goes far. example: today, sean forgot to latch the front door when he came in from reading outside, and god knows how long the door was open. i go, realize i don't know where jimi is, and look outside. he's walking around the flower bed to the right of the stoop, and came in when i told him to. gotta love it when a cat comes when you call.

Unknown said...

Let me know how that grounding thing works out - I could use some tips!!

The FA looks wonderful! I tried a Lendrum at the OHS last night that I just love - I think that it's the wheel for me. Your yarn is making it all that more difficult not to run up there today and buy it.

Michelle said...

Guernseygal: That's just like a cat, isn't it? LOL

Amy: Thanks for the link. I haven't seen that video in ages!

Marlene: Sometimes we think so much alike, it's scary! LOL

Kathy: I'm afraid I won't be at the OHS. [pout] Definitely wish I could, though.

Minnie: Cats can sure keep us on our toes, but cat that comes when called is a freaking miracle. LOL

Wannietta: Oh come now, we all know it isn't the sight of my yarn that's making it difficult. LOL Let me know when you've ordered the Lendrum and I'll help you pick out a name for your new wheel. [wink]

Rebel said...

Sounds like someone had a fun night out on the town. I'm just surprised he didn't have a present in his mouth for you. LOL- zuma

Kathy said...

Michelle, I need to pay more attention to what I read, I was sure I had read something about you going, then when I read back a bit couldn't find a comment about it, so didn't bother looking for you, it would have been hard to find you though a it was so busy.

I did however run into Julia Lee of the newly crowned Toronto spiders.

What a great day.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

ROFL. I would have grounded him too. Goodness knows that my own cat needs his bout in the corner.

Love your new bag and the socks. The handspuns? Totally drool-worthy.

Unknown said...

I have a neighbour who walks her cat on a leash. That always made so much sense to me! I can't understand why cats are allowed to roam around, causing danger to selves and others, while dogs must (sensibly) remain confined.